Mikki from Mom’s Best Nest has given me my first award! She was kind enough to present me with the Kreativ Blogger Award! Coming from her, this is definitely an honor. I not only love her blog (cute design, fantastic content). But she taught me how to build my first blog hop! So make sure you hop on over and check out her awesome blog.
So the rules of the award are as follows:
- Thank the person who gave you the award
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Give the award to 7 blogs
Known for my off the wall, crazy thinking, I will list some zany facts about myself, and yeah, some of them are embarrassing. But that is the beauty of insanity…you just don’t care!
- When I was in 1st grade, I got an eraser stuck up my nose. I was sent to the nurse’s office, and when the nuns couldn’t get the eraser out, my mom had to take me to the doctor.
- When I was in high school, I wanted to become a nun. I thought I would get a ticket to Heaven if I was a nun. Thank goodness I married my husband; through him and his family, I was able to see what a relationship with Christ is truly about.
- I played Santa Claus in a high school dance program. After the dance, I had to visit with the little boys and girls watching the show. The first one to approach me said, “Hey, why didn’t I get what I asked for last year?” I was so shocked, I answered him in my regular voice. He walked away confused.
- For a little while, I entertained the notion of becoming a critic. Now I write reviews for children’s books. Can I consider that checked off my list?
- I talk to my cat all the time, and she talks back. Well, it is meowing, but she’s very vocal. You can have a full conversation with her, and she never misses a beat in her responses.
- Everyone considers me super-organzied; but I would definitely say I am under-organized.
- I am also a below average home-maker/cook. I tried to make homemade cinnamon raisin bread yesterday. When we picked up the older kids from school, my youngest said, “Guess what, guys! Mommy made bread today and made a huge mess everywhere!” I think that could be my slogan: I tried to____, and I made a huge mess! Thank goodness my God is not below average, or even average. He is awesome, and I am blessed to know Him.
The next seven to receive this award are…